The Austenasian honours system is composed of peerages, five orders of chivalry, and military medals. The Monarch is the fons honorum and so all honours (with one exception; see below) are bestowed by the Throne.
Peerages are hereditary titles enabling the holder to be known as the Baron/Viscount/Count/Marquess/Duke (or female equivalent) of a certain place. Unlike nobility proper, which have administrative functions in connection with Austenasian land claims, peerages are entirely ceremonial and usually named after areas outside Austenasia itself.
To date, twenty two Peerages have been bestowed (defunct peerages in italics):
- Marquess of Atkantia, awarded on 13 April 2012 to James von Puchow. Relinquished on 7 January 2018.
- Duchess of Merton, awarded on 15 September 2013 to HIH Emperor Grandmother Joyce. Inherited by her son Lord Michael on 2 November 2018.
- Baroness of Roehampton, awarded on 26 March 2014 to Alexandra Steggals.
- Duke of Belfast, awarded on 7 September 2014 to Geoffrey Trory. Inherited by his son Lord Graham on 9 April 2021.
- Duke of Washington, awarded on 19 September 2015 to HM King Adam I of Überstadt.
- Baron of the Memes, awarded on 5 October 2015 to HIH Lord Admiral Joseph Kennedy.
- Baron of Arenberg, awarded on 1 July 2016 to HH Prince Milomir I of Ongal.
- Countess of Sidney, awarded on 31 December 2016 to Victoria Hathaway. Honourably revoked on 12 June 2019 by Parliament.
- Baron of Zephyria, awarded on 14 June 2017 to Lord Marshal William Kingsnorth.
- Baroness of Thanasia, awarded on 14 June 2017 to Lady Strawberry Easton, Baroness of Thanasia.
- Duchess of Bernardston, awarded on 16 September 2017 to Lady Admiral Eryn Lewis. Revoked on 6 June 2022 by the Monarch.
- Marquess of Coulsdon, awarded on 16 September 2017 to HIH Emperor Father Terry.
- Viscount of Thetford, awarded on 16 September 2017 to Lord John Gordon.
- Duke of Deira, awarded on 4 June 2018 to HIM Emperor Adam I of Adammia.
- Duke of Insulae, awarded on 6 August 2018 to HRH Prince Aggelos of Imvrassia.
- Baron of Feltham, awarded on 15 September 2018 to Michael Lewis.
- Baron of Hounslow, awarded on 15 September 2018 to Julian Sharma.
- Baron of Norwich, awarded on 15 September 2018 to Lord John Gordon.
- Duke of Thessalia, awarded on 14 February 2019 to Manolis Afentoulis.
- Count of New Bernardston, awarded on 11 February 2020 to HM King Quentin I of Wyvern.
- Baroness of New Richmond, awarded on 11 February 2020 to Lady Brenda Barger.
- Baron of Augusta, awarded on 11 February 2020 to Lord Master Chief Riley Kennedy.
Orders of Chivalry
There are five Austenasian orders of chivalry, with the four senior orders bestowed by the Monarch and the other bestowed by the Heir to the Throne.
Only incumbent recipients are listed below; former recipients, as well as lower-ranking grades previously held, are not included. Recipients are generally listed with the names and titles held upon appointment.
Glorious Order of St. John
The Glorious Order of St. John, named in honour of Austenasia’s national patron saint, was established on 31 January 2009. There are three grades in the order, the senior of which is limited to twelve members.
Knight/Dame Companions (KCJ/DCJ):
- Sir Terry Austen: 18/9/2010
- Lord Marshal William Kingsnorth, Baron of Zephyria: 15/9/2013
- HIH Lord Joseph Kennedy, Count of Greater Richmond: 4/6/2015
- HH Princess Consort Hannah: 20/1/2016
- HIH Crown Princess Caroline: 25/5/2016
- HIH Emperor Mother Margaret: 4/6/2017
- Lord John Gordon, Viscount of Thetford: 18/9/2021
Knights/Dames of Honour (KHJ/DHJ):
- HM King Adam I: 20/1/2016
- HIM Emperor Taeglan I Nihilus: 4/6/2017
- HR&IM Emperor Quentin I: 4/6/2017
- Lord Dionisiy Tezdzhan-Smahin, Duke of Lycaonia: 21/9/2019
- HG Bradley, Duke of Dullahan: 19/9/2020
- HIM Emperor Adam I: 18/9/2021
- Lord William Wilson, Count of Oribrazos: 18/9/2021
Knights/Dames of Virtue (KHV/DHV):
- Glen Allen: 14/3/2009
- Mary Allen: 14/3/2009
- Admiral Colonel Jack Sheridan: 9/6/2010
- HM Prince Ryuho: 15/9/2012
- HH Tsar William I: 15/9/2012
- Sir Sebastian Linden, IKA, KPP: 20/1/2016
- HH Prince Milomir I: 17/9/2016
- HM Emperor Aggelos I: 18/9/2021
- HM Symbasileus Stamatios: 18/9/2021
- HM Symbasilissa Aikaterini: 18/9/2021
Order of Saint Constantine
The Order of Saint Constantine was founded on 21 May 2016. It is unique among Austenasia’s chivalric orders in that it also functions as a Christian charitable organisation overseen by a Grand Master, currently Emperor Jonathan I.
- HIH Crown Princess Caroline: 21/5/2016
- HIH Emperor Mother Margaret: 21/5/2016
- HIH Emperor Father Terry: 21/5/2016
- HIH Lord Admiral Joseph Kennedy, Duke of Bohemia: 21/5/2016
- HI&SH Princess Consort Hannah: 21/5/2017
- HM Emperor Aggelos I: 21/5/2021
- HM Symbasileus Stamatios: 21/5/2021
- HM Symbasilissa Aikaterini: 21/5/2021
- HM King Ciprian: 21/5/2016
- HM King Adam I: 21/5/2016
- Protopontiff Sir Sebastian Linden, IKA, KPP: 21/5/2016
- Sir Richard Hytholoday, OMS: 21/5/2016
- Sean Anderson: 21/5/2016
- HRH Prince Aggelos: 21/5/2017
- Manolis Afentoulis, Duke of Thessalia: 21/5/2019
- HSH Prince Dionisiy I: 21/5/2020
- Lord Charles Ross, Duke of Occidentia: 21/5/2020
- Lord Remus Peroni, Duke of Viennensis: 21/5/2020
- The Rt Hon. Sir Hugh McFarlane, KCA: 21/5/2020
- Thomas Marios Zavos: 21/5/2020
- Andrew I, Duke of Pontunia: 21/5/2021
Order of the Bullmastiff
The Order of the Bullmastiff was established on 31 January 2009, and is named in honour of Austenasia’s national animal. The Imperial Family kept bullmastiffs as pets between 2006 and 2017, hence the choice of this particular dog breed. There are five grades of knighthood in this order; the senior four have maximum quotas of two, four, four, and six members and as such are full, but the junior grade has no such limit.
Knight/Dame of Carothan (KOC/DOC):
- HIH Princess Caroline: 10/1/2009
- HIM Emperor Taeglan I Nihilus: 15/9/2013
Knight/Dame of Rose (KOR/DOR):
- A. Francis: 10/1/2009
- HIH Princess Consort Margaret: 16/3/2009
- Wilhelm Hartmann-Peters: 9/6/2010
Knight/Dame of Edd (KOE/DOE):
- HIH Emperor Father Terry: 20/9/2014
- Lord John Gordon, Baron of Palasia: 20/9/2014
- HM King Quentin I: 20/9/2014
- HM Queen Carolyn I: 19/9/2015
Knight/Dame of Molossers (KOM/DOM):
- Timothy B.: 10/1/2009
- Jennifer B.: 10/1/2009
- Gregory Allen: 14/3/2009
- Patrick Allen: 14/3/2009
- Kyng Fyrst: 5/10/2009
- Lieutenant Alfred Hayes: 10/3/2010
- Imani McEwen: 17/4/2016
- Co-President Shane Cahill: 17/4/2016
- H.E. Dominic Connolly: 6/9/2016
- Lord Rear Admiral Evan Keller, Duke of New Virginia: 17/9/2016
- H.E. Lucas Campos: 14/11/2016
- President Edward Jacobs: 4/6/2017
- H.E. Professor Sanjib Bhattacharya, OAO: 4/6/2017
- Lord Michael Simpson, Count of Occibrazos: 18/9/2021
- Lady Addison Dillon, Baroness of Blue Ridge: 18/9/2021
- Sir Anthony Clark: 18/9/2021
The Austenasian Order is the oldest and largest Austenasian order of chivalry, founded on 20 September 2008 alongside the Empire itself. With a number of recipients near to (and historically often exceeding) the population of Austenasia itself, the Austenasian Order may be the largest “micronational” order of chivalry of all time.
Only the first two grades of the orders are knighthoods per se; the other grades entitle the recipients to post-nominal letters, but not the titles Sir/Dame.
Imperial Knight/Dame (IKA/IDA):
- The Rt Hon. Alexander Reinhardt, OBS, KOSE: 18/9/2010
- HM King Montague I: 18/9/2010
- HM King Christopher I: 18/9/2010
- Sir Jacob Tierney, OBS, KCA, KOSE: 11/12/2011
- Sebastian von Linden: 11/12/2011
- HIM Tsar Harry Fitzpatrick: 15/9/2012
- H.E. James Lunam, OBS, CCL: 15/9/2012
- Dr. Jamie Sutherland, OBS, CCL: 15/9/2012
- Lord Marshal William Kingsnorth, Baron of Zephyria: 15/9/2013
- HIH Lord Admiral Joseph Kennedy, Count of Greater Richmond: 19/9/2015
- HRH King Tarik: 7/12/2015
- HM King Adam I: 17/9/2016
- HI&SH Princess Consort Hannah: 5/7/2017
- Adam I of Adammia: 15/9/2018
- Lord John Gordon, Viscount of Thetford: 15/9/2018
- Julian Sharma: 15/9/2018
- Michael Lewis: 15/9/2018
- HG Bradley, Duke of Dullahan: 21/9/2019
- Lord Andrew Creed, Baron of Corinium Terentium: 18/9/2021
Knight/Dame Commander (KCA/DCA):
- H.E. President Kevin Baugh: 4/2/2009
- Midget Fuhrer Thomas IV: 9/6/2010
- The Hon. Petya d’Égtavie: 18/9/2010
- Marka Mejakhansk: 18/9/2010
- Scott Harwood: 18/9/2010
- T. Temilade: 11/12/2011
- Lady Catherine of Austenasia: 15/9/2012
- Son III: 15/9/2012
- HRH Grand Duke Niels I: 15/9/2012
- Legate Sir Joseph Goldie, KCP: 29/3/2013
- HM Queen Emma I: 15/9/2013
- Pete Kermally: 10/9/2015
- Hugh McFarlane, OAO: 19/9/2015
- Captain Nick Fleming: 19/9/2015
- Lord Karl Friedrich, Baron of Aurora: 21/9/2019
- HFM Basileus Emmanuel I & II: 19/9/2020
- HH Despotes Aggelos: 19/9/2020
- HSH Edward I: 19/9/2020
- HM Rashtradhyakash Dhrubajyoti Roy: 18/9/2021
- Lord Charles Ross, Duke of Occidentia: 18/9/2021
- Wilhelm von Hartmann-Peters: 2/11/2009
- President Alex Pate: 18/9/2010
- Joseph Puglisi: 15/9/2012
- Dr. Billy Neil, CCL: 15/9/2012
- Sir Riley Small, OBS: 15/9/2012
- Rubens Machado: 20/2/2013
- Alex Whitmarsh, SCP, CCL: 15/9/2013
- Lord Centurion Evan Keller, Duke of New Virginia: 20/9/2014
- Duke Elias I: 20/9/2014
- President Jacob Huff: 20/9/2014
- Commodore Ryan Blackburn: 19/9/2015
- HE Pope Euclid I: 4/6/2017
- H.E. Tariq Zubair, OAO: 4/6/2017
- HM King Eran: 19/9/2020
- HRH The Prince Nathan: 19/9/2020
- Lord Remus Peroni, Duke of Viennensis: 19/9/2020
- Lord Michael Simpson, Duke of Occibrazos: 19/9/2020
- Lord Austin Jaax, Baron of Kingeston: 19/9/2020
- Lord Hunter Prater, Duke of Dixie: 18/9/2021
- Lord Richard Hytholoday, Count of Maritimae: 18/9/2021
- Lord Archie Birch, Count of Lygonia: 18/9/2021
- H. Phillips: 21/9/2008
- John Kingsnorth: 22/3/2009
- Caroline Kingsnorth: 22/3/2009
- The Rev. Simon Leigh BA, MTh, MA: 19/7/2009
- Yaroslav Mar: 15/9/2012
- Co-President Shane Cahill: 20/9/2014
- H.E. Professor Sanjib Bhattacharya: 19/9/2015
- The Rt Hon. Ketan Uzagi: 17/9/2016
- Henry Clément: 4/6/2017
- George Oldroyd: 23/8/2017
- H.E. Luis Felipe da Silva Mateus: 20/1/2019
- Lord Zarel Smith, Baron of Green Gate: 21/9/2019
- Lord Kristof Fondrk, Baron of Gebirgspark: 21/9/2019
- Thomas Marios I of Ovrestlia: 19/9/2020
- HM King Cameron I: 19/9/2020
- HG Aidan McGrath, Duke of Limiport: 19/9/2020
- Lord Ismetcan Siraç, Count of Bithynia: 19/9/2020
- Lord Casper von Naveria, Count of Cowyetton: 19/9/2020
- Newton von Uberquie: 19/9/2020
- Cecilia Lawrence: 25/3/2021
- Lord Sander Koff, Baron of Oppidum Tubae: 18/9/2021
- President Adrian Wojtasz: 18/9/2021
- Joseph Wilson: 29/1/2010
- President Aaron Meek: 9/6/2010
- Joseph Marx: 9/6/2010
- M. O’Sullivan: 21/1/2013
- B. Bartlett: 21/1/2013
- S. Palframan: 21/1/2013
- S. Moore: 22/1/2013
- Adam Dickson: 18/5/2013
- Jaceb Kilpatrick: 19/9/2015
- Kuri Kabanov: 17/9/2016
- Samuel Krimmer: 17/9/2016
- Patrick Renwick: 17/9/2016
- Thomas Merrell: 4/6/2017
- Newton von Uberquie: 4/6/2017
- Sam Legg: 26/7/2017
- H.E. Kenichiro Fukui: 16/9/2017
- Horatio Eden: 16/9/2017
- Alex Francis: 4/6/2019
- Captain William Kennedy: 4/6/2019
- Aaron Green: 21/9/2019
- Rev. Sir Arturo Lara, OMS: 14/5/2020
- James Reginald Frisch: 19/9/2020
- Sir Sertor Valentinus, GCV, COW: 18/9/2021
- Sir Johannes Andreassun: 18/9/2021
Order of the Crown Princess
The Order of the Crown Princess is the most junior order of chivalry, and unique among Austenasian honours in that it is bestowed by the Heir to the Throne rather than the Monarch. The name of the order changes in accordance with the gender of the Heir. There are four grades in the order: the first can have only one recipient, the second can have up to twelve, and the last two have no maximum quota (with the latter not considered a knighthood).
Supreme Companion of the Heir (SCH):
Knight/Dame Protector (KPP/DPP):
- HIH Princess Consort Margaret: 8/2/2009
- Sir George Curtis, KCP: 28/7/2009
- Lord Timothy, KOM, SCP: 16/2/2010
- Lord Michael: 16/2/2010
- Dame Rosalind: 16/2/2010
- Sir Calum Jarvis, KCP: 29/6/2010
- Sebastian Linden: 11/12/2011
- Micheal Mitchell: 21/1/2012
- Prof. Sir Jacob Tierney, OBS, KCA, COTS: 31/7/2012
- Rebecca “Artz” Panks: 15/9/2012
- HIM Emperor Jonathan I: 6/9/2018
- HIH Emperor Father Terry: 6/9/2018
- Penny Lewis: 1/2/2009
- Callum Hacket: 3/4/2009
- Katie Langley: 6/4/2009
- DI Thomas C.: 16/5/2009
- Ryan Dickinson: 17/6/2009
- Thomas McGurran: 15/10/2009
- “Mattholomew” Matthew Chappell: 1/3/2010
- General Joseph Goldie: 8/3/2010
- Tessy Herman: 10/3/2010
- André Sammut: 7/4/2011
- Quentin of Wyvern: 8/4/2011
- HSM Prince Maarten I: 8/4/2011
- E. Thornton: 13/5/2011
- M. Mayanja-Kakyama: 13/5/2011
- HSH Prince Joseph: 2/8/2011
- Bradley of Dullahan: 2/10/2011
- Robert Songhurst: 31/10/2011
- N. James: 19/7/2012
- James Thompson: 10/1/2010
- Alex Whitmarsh: 8/4/2011
- Daniel Anderson: 8/4/2011
- Dakoda George: 9/6/2011
- John Gordon: 18/1/2012
- Robert Garside: 23/11/2012
The extant Military Medals were established in 2009 and 2010, but few have been awarded due to the generally peaceful history of Austenasia. The only medals to have been awarded were by Emperor Esmond III on 10 September 2010.
The Military Medals in order of precedence and their recipients are:
- The David Cross (DC), named in honour of Terry I’s late father, is for “acts of the greatest heroism, courage or self-sacrifice in the name of duty during warfare.” None have so far been awarded.
- The Warrior Cross (WC), “for acts of heroism, courage or self-sacrifice in the name of duty during warfare“, was awarded to the then Crown Prince Jonathan for his role in defending Austenasia in the Skirmish of the Treasury and the Austenasian Civil War. The medal was automatically lost upon his ascension to the Throne, due to taking on the role of fons honorum.
- The Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC), “for conspicuous gallantry during active operations against the enemy“, was awarded to General Sir Ryan Dickinson for his bravery in the Battle of Carshalton Park.
- The Gallantry Cross (GC), “for gallantry during active operations against the enemy“, was awarded to Lieutenant Sir A. Hayes for leading the government forces in the Battle of the Grove.
- The Military Cross, “for taking part in active operations against the enemy to the best of one’s ability“, was awarded to Lord William Kingsnorth for his role in the Skirmish of the Treasury.